As we reported yesterday, the Android 4.2 update for Micromax A116 Canvas HD is now available via the company service centers. However, if you don’t want to go to a service center and want to update the phone yourself, we have some good news for you.
We now have got hold of the Android 4.2 firmware file for Micromax A116, using which you can easily update your A116 Canvas HD smartphone to Android 4.2.1.
Before you go any further, the usual disclaimers apply, if you haven’t done this before, you are better off visiting a service center and getting your phone updated by them. We are not responsible for any harm that might or might not come to your phone as a part of this update.
- Install the drivers
- Unzip the flash tool and the firmware files to separate folders on your PC
- Open flash_tool application from the folder where you have unzipped the flash tool.
- Click on scatter-loading and select the scatter loading file from the unzipped firmware file.
- Now, switch off your A116 Canvas HD and keep it switched off.
- Then, go to options in the menu of flash tool and select USB mode.
- After enabling USB mode, go to options again and go to DA Download All under the USB mode click on speed and then click High Speed.
- Now, Go to the Firmware > Upgrade option, click on it then Flash tool will look for your phone.
- NOW, connect your A116 Canvas HD (in switched off state) to your PC. The Flash Tool will start the flashing of your phone and this process can be seen by a colour progress bar present at the bottom of the Flash Tool.
- A green ring will be displayed once the process is complete.
- Disconnect your phone and remove the battery once and put it again
- Now, switch on your phone and there will be a TP update your phone, do not touch the display during this update. Once finished, you are good to go.
- Your phone is now running on Android 4.2.1. Enjoy. Do let us know about the experience in the comments section.
Also, help out other users in comments, who might be having problems with the update.